Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1642 Āśvalāyanasmṛti / आश्वलायनस्मृति
Other related names
- Karva, Lakṣmaṇabhaṭṭa, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1642
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9968104873503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a Hindu law code for performing various ancient rites and ceremonies such as gift giving and others from the traditional school (śākhā) associated with Āśvalāyana.
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 10-11 lines per leaf.
- 37 leaves foliated 1-37, upper left and lower right verso.
- Likely date around or after 1753 based on a related manuscript with the same scribe and owner (Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1641, f. 32r).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with triple black line.
Extent1 item (37 leaves) : 12 x 26 cm
- Formerly owned by Lakṣmaṇabhaṭṭa Karva (f. 1r).
- Dharma--Early works to 1800
- Hindu law--Early works to 1800
- Rites and ceremonies--India--Early works to 1800
- Gifts--Religious aspects--Hinduism--Early works to 1800
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1642: Āśvalāyanasmṛti are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.