Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1646 Lakṣahomapaddhati / लक्षहोमपद्धति
Other related names
- Viṭhala, NaulI, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1646
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9968105003503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a manual or handbook on religious law (dharma) to be consulted by a priest, outlining rules (religious laws) for the performance of fire sacrifices and prayers offered to the planets.
- Title from colophon (f. 24v).
- Written in 7-11 lines per leaf.
- 24 leaves foliated 1-24, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant numbers, syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red; vertical margins marked with double black or red line. Some folios treated with yellow turmeric powder to protect manuscript from insects.
Extent1 item (24 leaves) : 9 x 22 cm
ColophonColophon: iti lakṣahomapaddhatiḥ samāptā // veṃkaṭeśārpaṇam astu // (f. 24v).
- Formerly owned by NaulI Viṭhala (f. 24v).
- Hindu law
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu astrology
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1646: Lakṣahomapaddhati are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.