Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1647 Āśaucatriṃśacchlokī / आशौचत्रिंशच्छ्लोकी
Other related names
- Jatārakṛṣṇa Bhaṭṭa, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1647
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9968105033503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation, study, and recitation and contains 30 verses (ślokas) derived from a work called the Aśaucanirṇaya; it deals with the removal of impurities through ritual and recitation. This work derives from a large text known as the Aśaucanirṇaya or the Ṣaḍaśīti.
- Title from colophon (f. 5r); alternate title Triṃśacchlokī, supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 8-9 lines per leaf.
- 5 leaves foliated 1-5, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated śaka 1568 (1646) (f. 5r).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double black line.
- Scribe is Jaṭārakṛṣṇa Bhaṭṭa (f. 5r).
Extent1 item (5 leaves) : 9 x 23 cm
ColophonColophon: ity āśaucatriṃśacchlokIsamāptā // (f. 5r).
- Dharma--Early works to 1800
- Hindu law--Early works to 1800
- Rites and ceremonies--India--Early works to 1800
- Purity, Ritual--Hinduism--Early works to 1800
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--17th century
- Manuscripts--India--17th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1647: Āśaucatriṃśacchlokī are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.