Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1660 Tristhalīsetu / त्रिस्थलीसेतु
- Bhaṭṭojī Dīkṣita
Other related names
- Puruṣottama (Son of Rāmacandra), scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1660
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9968155403503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for consultation and study and is a summary or "essence" (sārasaṃgraha) of another work, the Tristhalīsetu (Bridge to the three holy cities) by Nārāyaṇa Bhaṭṭa, focusing on the problem of overcoming death. Discusses the benefits of visiting different pilgrimage sites and rites such as bathing there. Makes frequent reference to purāṇic works such as the Brahmāpurāṇa and Skandapurāṇa. Colophon (f. 31 v) is followed by several purāṇic verses.
- Title from colophon (f. 31v); alternate title Tristhalīsetusārasaṃgraha supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 32 leaves foliated 1-32, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated śaka 1754 (1832) (f. 31v).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- A single wooden board with a carved and beveled edge supports the manuscript.
- Watermark of a coat of arms of Britannia.
- Scribe is Puruṣottama, son of Rāmacandra (f. 31v).
Extent1 item (32 leaves) : 11 x 20 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīpadvākyapramāṇajñaśrīlakṣmīdharasūreḥ sūnunābhaṭṭojidIkṣitena racitas tristhalīsetuḥ samāptaḥ (f. 31v).
- Hindu law
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Pilgrims and pilgrimages--India
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1660: Tristhalīsetu are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
fol. 32v-[Inside wooden board
2233_0032.tif (88.2 MB)
2233_0032_thumb.jpg (4.9 KB)
2233_0032_web.jpg (446.3 KB)
Outside wooden board
2233_0033.tif (46.0 MB)
2233_0033_thumb.jpg (3.1 KB)
2233_0033_web.jpg (287.3 KB)