Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1692 Siddhāntakaumudī / सिद्धान्तकौमुदी
- Bhaṭṭojī Dīkṣita
Other related names
- Nānāloti, Dāmodara, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1692
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9968349863503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for consultation or teaching is an arrangement and commentary on the sūtras of the grammarian Pāṇini. It is part of the first section of text of the Siddhāntakaumudī, the Kṛdanta of the Uttarārdha.
- Title from colophon (f. 70r).
- Written in 8-9 lines per leaf.
- 70 leaves foliated 1-70, upper left and lower right verso.
- Scribe is Dāmodara Nānāloti (f. 70r)
- Dated saṃvat 1919 (1862) and śaka 1721 (1799) (f. 70r).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; blue European made paper.
- Watermarks with a partial name or company as well as the coat of arms of Britannia and the date 1863.
- Dated śaka 1721 and saṃvat 1919, dates that are not compatible with the śaka date corresponding to 1799 and the saṃvat date corresponding to 1862. This suggests that an error was made when they were written. This error is compounded further since there is also a watermark date of 1863, after the other two dates, hence the date assigned as after 1863.
Extent1 item (70 leaves) : 11 x 34 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrībhaṭṭojidīkṣitaviracitāyāṃ siddhāṃtakaumudyāṃ uttarārdhāṃtaragata kṛdaṃtaprakaraṇaṃ samāptāṃ // (f. 70r).
- Sanskrit language--Grammar
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1692: Siddhāntakaumudī are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.