Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1709 Liṅgānuśāsanavṛtti / लिङ्गानुशासनवृत्ति
- Bhaṭṭojī Dīkṣita
Other related names
- Jyotiṣa, Dhuḍirāja (Son of Kṛṣṇa Jyotiṣa), scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1709
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9968436423503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for consultation or teaching is an arrangement of and commentary on the sūtras of the grammarian Pāṇini and deals specifically with gender of words. It is part of the second part of the Siddhāntakaumudī called the Liṅgānuśāsana.
- Title from colophon (f. 8v).
- Written in 11-27 lines per leaf.
- 8 leaves foliated 1-8, upper left and lower right verso.
- Watermark of a coat of arms.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Scribe is Dhuḍirāja Jyotiṣa, the son of Kṛṣṇa Jyotiṣa (f. 8v).
Extent1 item (8 leaves) : 11 x 25 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīmadbhaṭṭojidīkṣitaviracitāyāṃ siddhāṃtakaumudyāṃ uttarorddhapāṇinīyali[ṅgānu]śāsanavṛttiḥ samāptaḥ // (f. 8v).
- Sanskrit language--Grammar
- Sanskrit language--Gender
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1709: Liṅgānuśāsanavṛtti are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.