Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1723 Siddhāntakaumudī / सिद्धान्तकौमुदी
- Bhaṭṭojī Dīkṣita
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1723
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9968487073503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for consultation or teaching is an arrangement of and commentary on the sūtras of the grammarian Pāṇini. It is part of the section of the text called the Kṛdanta and deals with word affixes (kṛt) and how meaning is changed (example, changing roots to nouns). Manuscript is incomplete.
- Title from title abbreviations in margins.
- Written in 9-11 lines per leaf.
- 50 leaves foliated 1-50, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 item (50 leaves) : 10 x 30 cm
- Sanskrit language--Grammar
- Sanskrit language--Affixes
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1723: Siddhāntakaumudī are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.