Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 173 Satyanārāyaṇapūjāvidhi / सत्यनारायणपूजाविधि
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 173
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958617353503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a kind of manual or handbook to be employed by a priest or senior family member during rites of worship (pūjā) dedicated to the Hindu deity Nārāyaṇa, a form of Viṣṇu.
- Title from colophon (f. 4v).
- Written in 9-13 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout. Written by two different scribal hands.
- Formerly housed with item 174 and item 175.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (4 leaves) : 12 x 26 cm
ColophonColophon: iti satyanārāyaṇapūjāvidhiḥ (f. 4v).
- Nārāyaṇa (Hindu deity)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 173: Satyanārāyaṇapūjāvidhi are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.