Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1735 Laghuśabdenduśekhara / लघुशब्देन्दुशेखर
- Nāgeśabhaṭṭa, active 1670-1750
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1735
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9968602683503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is employed for consultation or teaching and is a grammatical commentary on Bhaṭṭojī Dīkṣita's Siddhāntakaumudī, particularly emphasizing religious aspects or qualities of traditional grammatical treatises as well as elevating the ancient grammarians such as Pāṇini and Patāñjali to a semi-divine status. The text comments on a section of Bhaṭṭojī Dīkṣita's work called the Kṛdanta and deals with word affixes (kṛt) and how meaning is changed (for example, changing roots to nouns).
- Title from colophon (f. 27r).
- Written in 11 lines per leaf.
- 27 leaves foliated 1-27, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated saṃvat 1831 (1774) (f. 27r).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line.
Extent1 item (27 leaves) : 13 x 28 cm
ColophonColophon: ity upādhyāyopanāmakaśivabhaṭṭasutasatīgarbhajanāgojībhaṭṭakṛte laghuśabdeḍaśesvaresiddhāṃtakaumudīvyākhyāne kṛadaṃtavistarastuvṛhacchavdeṃdraśekharedaṣṭavyaḥ / saṃvat 1831 // (f. 27r).
- Sanskrit language--Grammar--Early works to 1800
- Sanskrit language--Affixes--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1735: Laghuśabdenduśekhara are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.