Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 179 Gaṇapatipratiṣṭhāpanapaddhati / गणपतिप्रतिष्ठापनपद्धति
TitleGaṇapatipratiṣṭhāpanapaddhati / गणपतिप्रतिष्ठापनपद्धति
Other related names
- Cipoṇkara, Mahādevabhaṭa, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 179
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958644463503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a kind of manual or handbook for use by a priest, outlining the rules and laws governing the installation of religious images, inviting the deity (the elephant-headed Gaṇeśa) to reside therein, bathing the image, and other rites; the image to be subsequently worshiped by Hindu adherents.
- Title from colophon (f. 2v); alternate title Gaṇapatipratiṣṭhā from incipit.
- Written in 13-15 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated saṃvat 1839 (1782) (f. 2v).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Scribe is Mahādevabhaṭa Cipoṇkara (f. 2v), also named in item 178, which was written in the same year.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 12 x 23 cm
ColophonColophon: iti baudhāyanoktagaṇapatipratiṣṭhāpanapaddhatiḥ // saṃvat 1839 bhādrapadavadya 8 bhṛgunāre mahādevabhatacipoṇkarena likhitaṃ // śrīkālabhairavāya namaḥ // (f. 2v).
- Idols and images--India--Hinduism
- Gaṇeśa (Hindu deity)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 179: Gaṇapatipratiṣṭhāpanapaddhati are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.