Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1861 Kautukalīlāvatī / कौतुकलीलावती
- Bhāskarācārya, 1114-
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1861
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9969494653503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for contemplation and study and is a treatise from the Siddhāntaśiromaṇi, on astrology and mathematics as derived from planetary movements and used for predictions about a marriage ceremony. There is a small table drawn with diagonal lines with numbers and characters written inside of them as well as two columns with headings for candra and sūrya nakṣatras, that is, the constellations through which the moon and sun pass (f. 4v). Manuscript is incomplete.
- Title from colophon (f. 4r).
- Written in 12 lines per leaf.
- 3 leaves foliated 1-2, 4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant phrases and numbers highlighted in red.
Extent1 item (3 leaves) : 11 x 25 cm
ColophonColophon: iti kautukalilāvatī samāptaṃ (f. 4v).
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu astrology
- Hindu astronomy
- Tables (documents)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1861: Kautukalīlāvatī are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.