Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1862 Narapatijayacaryā / नरपतिजयचर्या
- Narapati, active 12th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1862
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9969495043503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and consultation and is an astrological divination text on subjects including divisions of time, astrological bodies, and reading of animal signs. Manuscript is incomplete and only contains the first two folios.
- Title from marginal abbreviation (f. 2v).
- Written in 12-13 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 11 x 24 cm
- Hindu astrology
- Hindu astronomy
- Animals--Symbolic aspects
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1862: Narapatijayacaryā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.