Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 191 Navagrahahomamahārudra / नवग्रहहोममहारुद्र
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 191
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958644673503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manual to be consulted by priests or householders for performing rites of veneration to the nine planets (consisting of planets and other astrological bodies).
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 14-15 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 14-15, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated possibly saṃvat 1871 (1824) (f. 4v); number appears at the end of the manuscript but without the standard "saṃvat" (cannot be "śaka" as the manuscript entered the Penn collection before that date).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double black line.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (4 leaves) : 11 x 24 cm
- Planets--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu astrology
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 191: Navagrahahomamahārudra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.