Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 196 Bhūṣaṇasāra / भूषणसार
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 196
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958374963503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript on grammar with a main "root" text and an extensive commentary running above and below the main text. The main text appears to be the Vaiyākaraṇabhūṣaṇasāra, and the commentary is called the Sphoṭanirūpaṇa and is by Āpadeva a 17th-century grammarian and author. The commentary focuses on the grammatical theory of sphoṭa, which distinguishes between meaning and sound.
- Title from colophon (f. 43r).
- Written in 11-16 lines per leaf.
- 43 leaves foliated 1-43, upper left verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with three to four black lines.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (43 leaves) : 12 x 26 cm
ColophonColophon: śrīmadbhūṣaṇasāre 'smin vṛttaṃ sphoṭanirūpaṇaṃ // (f. 43r).
- Sanskrit language--Grammar
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 196: Bhūṣaṇasāra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.