Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1985 Mahāgaṇapatimantra
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1985
(Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9934319953503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguageIn Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- Three short tracts of text providing mantras for the deities Mahāgaṇapati, Baṭukabhairava and Śiva. Titles from headings. Cataloged by Poleman as Gaṇapatimantra. Title supplied on acquisition wrapper label is Gaṇapatimantravidhi.
- Written 27 lines total.
- Good condition. Right and left margins formed with double red lines. Text in brown and brownish-red ink. Colophon, some words, and some double dandas in red. Mistakes crossed through with red or blotched out with red and brown.
- Begins (f. 1r): śrīgaṇeśāya namaḥ asya śrīmahāgaṇapatimantrasya gaṇakaṛsaye namaḥ śirasi nicṛdgāyatrī chandase namaḥ mukhe śrī mahāgaṇapatidevatāyai namaḥ hṛdaye
- Text ends (f. 1v): om̐ namaḥ śivāya prāṇāyāmapūrvakaṁ hṛdayādinyāsaṁ kṛtvā mānasaṁ saṁpūjyet
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 11 x 22 cm
- Gaṇeśa (Hindu deity)
- Bhairava (Hindu deity)
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Hindu mantras
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1985: Mahāgaṇapatimantra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.