Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2004 Oṃ gaṃ / ओं गं
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2004
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9951891593503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Stylized lotus diagram (yantra) for prosperity and used in ritual and prayer; likely to the Hindu god Gaṇeśa typically associated with the mantra Oṃ gaṃ found at its center; mantras dedicated to related deities such as Umā and Maheśa as well as mantras to Vedic deities such as Indra and Soma are placed throughout the diagram; contains an entire Sanskrit syllabary circling the lotus flower.
- Title from center of diagram.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out.
- Written on European paper with watermark (Russo?).
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 22 x 22 cm
- Hindu mantras
- Gaṇeśa (Hindu deity)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2004: Oṃ gaṃ are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.