Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2031 Pavamānasoma / पवमानसोम
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2031
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9970783923503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Opening 12 sections of the ninth book of the Ṛgveda, most addressing purified Soma (pavamāna-Soma), an herbal drug and deity to which many early Vedic hymns are written. The final verse is from a different section of the Ṛgveda, beginning: ruco akṣare parame vyoman (f. 13r).
- Title from title abbreviations in margins.
- Written in 6 lines per leaf.
- 13 leaves foliated 1-13, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; metrical accents in red throughout to aid with recitation; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (13 leaves) : 9 x 18 cm
- Soma (Hindu deity)
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Hymns (documents)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2031: Pavamānasoma are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.