Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2046 Vedanāsikāśikṣā / वेदनासिकाशिक्षा
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2046
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9970784483503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a short grammatical treatise that comments on the grammatical structure of Vedic hymns and is considered part of Vedic supplementary literature, the Vedāṅga. Manuscript begins with the fourth chapter of Pāṇini's complete work but likely represents a particular short recension, reconfiguration, or selection of the larger work.
- Title from colophon (f. 4v); alternate title Śikṣā from margins.
- Written in 8 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; some significant phrases highlight in red; some folios treated with yellow turmeric powder to protect the manuscript from insects.
Extent1 item (4 leaves) : 9 x 23 cm
ColophonColophon: iti vedanāsikāśikṣāsamāptaḥ // (f. 4v).
- Sanskrit language--Grammar
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2046: Vedanāsikāśikṣā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.