Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2051 Nyāsa / न्यास
Other related names
- Maheśa, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2051
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9970786663503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Hymns for recitation dedicated to Rudra, the Vedic precedent to the Hindu deity Śiva. Verses dedicated to Rudra appear to be drawn from the (Black) Yajurveda, possibly from or related to the Pāśupatasūtra.
- Title from title abbreviations in margins; alternate titles Mahānyāsa and Rudranyāsa supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 11-12 lines per leaf.
- 8 leaves foliated 1-8, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; metrical accents in red throughout for recitation; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (8 leaves) : 11 x 22 cm
- Formerly owned by someone named Maheśa whose family name is obscured (f. 8v).
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Rudra (Hindu deity)
- Prayers (documents)
- Hymns (documents)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2051: Nyāsa are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.