Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2058 Śikṣā / शिक्षा
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2058
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9970822783503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a short treatise on the grammatical structure of Vedic hymns and is considered part of Vedic supplementary literature, the Vedāṅga. Manuscript begins with the fourth chapter of Pāṇini's complete work but likely represents a particular short recension, reconfiguration, or selection of the larger work.
- Title from colophon (f. 5r).
- Written in 8-9 lines per leaf.
- 10 leaves foliated 1-10, upper left and lower right verso.
- Internal colophon: iti śikṣāsamāptimagamat // (f. 5r).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant words, characters and numbers highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line.
Extent1 item (5 leaves) : 10 x 26 cm
- Sanskrit language--Grammar
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2058: Śikṣā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.