Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2078 Hetvābhāsa / हेत्वाभास
- Gadādharabhaṭṭācārya, active 17th century-18th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2078
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9970850153503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on logical fallacies (hetvābhāsa) from the Nyāya a school of Hindu philosophy. Manuscript lacks an ending.
- Title supplied by cataloger
- Written in 11-13 lines per leaf.
- 26 leaves foliated 1-26, lower and upper right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with triple red line.
- Watermarks of a coat of arms.
Extent1 item (26 leaves) : 31 x 11 cm
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Hindu logic
- Fallacies (Logic)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2078: Hetvābhāsa are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.