Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 210 Vaiyākaraṇabhūṣaṇasāra / वैयाकरणभूषणसार
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 210
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958712933503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript on grammar with a main "root" text and an extensive commentary running above and below the main text. The main text appears to be the Vaiyākaraṇabhūṣaṇasāra, and the commentary is called the Spoṭavāda (also Sphoṭanirūpaṇa) and is by 17th-century grammarian and author Āpadeva. The commentary focuses on the grammatical theory of sphoṭa, which distinguishes between meaning and sound.
- Title from colophon (f. 47v); title of commentary is Spoṭavāda from colophon (f. 47v); second alternate title Sphoṭanirūpaṇa supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 11 lines per leaf.
- 47 leaves foliated 1-47, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (47 leaves) : 11 x 25 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīmatpadavākyapramāṇapārāvāramārīṇadhurīṇaraṃgojIbhaṭṭātmajakoḍabhaṭṭakṛte vaiyākaraṇabhūṣaṇasāre spoṭavādaḥ (f. 47v).
- Sanskrit language--Grammar
- Sanskrit language--Semantics
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 210: Vaiyākaraṇabhūṣaṇasāra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.