Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2100 Sāmanyanirukti / सामन्यनिरुक्ति
- Gadādharabhaṭṭācārya, active 17th century-18th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2100
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9970852093503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for contemplation and study and is a treatise giving an etymological reading of Vedic chanting and considerations of logic from the perspective of the Nyāya school of Hindu philosophy. Manuscript is unfinished.
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 9-11 lines per leaf.
- 6 leaves foliated 1-6, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated after 1828, based on a watermark.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
- Watermarks of a crown above another symbol and the date of 1828.
Extent1 item (6 leaves) : 11 x 30 cm
- Hindu chants
- Sanskrit language--Etymology
- Hindu logic
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2100: Sāmanyanirukti are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.