Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2109 Muktāvalīprakāśa / मुक्तावलीप्रकाश
- Mahādeva Bhaṭṭa
- Dinakarabhaṭṭa, active 1575-1640
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2109
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9970900383503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Text consists of a gloss on the Siddhāntamuktavalī by Viśvanātha Nyāyapañcānana Bhaṭṭācārya; it is a commentary on the Bhāṣāpariccheda (f. 1r, line 3), a work of Nyāya philosophy also written by Viśvanātha, who is named Viśvanātha Pañcānana in the manuscript (f. 1r, line 3). The manuscript includes a sub-commentary, the Muktāvalīṭīkā, by Dinakarabhaṭṭa, though the text lacks an ending.
- Title from title abbreviations in margins; title of second work from marginal abbreviations; alternate title of second work Dinakarīmuktāvalī from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 9-13 lines per leaf.
- 37 leaves foliated 1-37, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Watermark is a coat of arms with ORN as part of a word or name.
Extent1 item (37 leaves) : 11 x 26 cm
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2109: Muktāvalīprakāśa are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.