Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2116 Vyutpattivāda / व्युत्पत्तिवाद
- Gadādharabhaṭṭācārya, active 17th century-18th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2116
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9970902143503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on logic from the perspective of the Nyāya school of Hindu philosophy; text is a secondary commentary on the Tattvacintāmaṇi by Gaṅgeśa. Manuscript lacks an ending.
- Title from title abbreviations in margins.
- Written in 10-12 lines per leaf.
- 6 leaves foliated 1-6, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and numerous additions and notes in margins.
- Watermarks of parts of a coat of arms.
Extent1 item (6 leaves) : 12 x 25 cm
- Hindu logic
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2116: Vyutpattivāda are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.