Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2125 Anumānaprāmāṇya / अनुमानप्रामाण्य
- Raghunātha Śiromaṇi
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2125
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9970935683503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a part of a larger philosophical commentary (dīdhiti) on a work by Gangeśa Upādhyāya called the Tattvacintāmaṇi, a treatise on logic from the Nyāya school of Hindu philosophy. Manuscript lacks an ending.
- Title from incipit (f. 1r); alternate title Nirūpyavyāptisvarūpaniraṇaya from incipit (f. 1r); second alternate title Vyāptisvarūpaniraṇaya supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 12-13 lines per leaf.
- 20 leaves foliated 1-20, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant words and phrases highlighted in red.
Extent1 item (20 leaves) : 12 x 26 cm
- Hindu logic
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2125: Anumānaprāmāṇya are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.