Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 213 Śikṣā / शिक्षा
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 213
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958748793503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a short grammatical treatise, which comments on the grammatical structure of Vedic hymns and is considered part of Vedic supplementary literature, the Vedāṅga. Manuscript begins with the fourth chapter of Pāṇini's complete work but likely represents a particular short recension, reconfiguration, or selection of the larger work.
- Title from colophon (f. 7r).
- Written in 7 lines per leaf.
- 7 leaves foliated 1-7, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (7 leaves) : 9 x 19 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śikśā saṃpūrṇaṃ // śrī rastu // (f. 7r).
- Sanskrit language--Grammar
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 213: Śikṣā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.