Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2139 Tattvacintāmaṇi / तत्त्वचिन्तामणि
- Gaṅgeśa, active 13th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2139
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9970969243503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on logic from the perspective of the Nyāya school of Hindu philosophy. The text represents a small section of the larger work by Gaṅgeśa. Beginning of text only.
- Title from title abbreviations in margins; alternate title Cintāmaṇi from abbreviations in margins.
- Written in 8 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with quadruple red line.
- Watermarks of a coat of arms with a standing cat with a crown and the phrase To Picard (To in small letters).
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 11 x 30 cm
- Hindu logic
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2139: Tattvacintāmaṇi are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.