Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2143 Pakṣatāgrantha / पक्षताग्रन्थ
- Gadādharabhaṭṭācārya, active 17th century-18th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2143
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9970969463503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on logic from the perspective of the Nyāya school of Hindu philosophy. Manuscript is a collection of partisan arguments (following one particular school of thought). The text is possibly a commentary on Gaṅgeśa's Tattvacintāmaṇi.
- Title from colophon (f. 4v); alternate title Cintāmaṇiṭīkā from title abbreviations in margins.
- Written in 10-12 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red through part of the manuscript.
Extent1 item (4 leaves) : 11 x 30 cm
ColophonColophon: iti pakṣatāgraṃthaḥ // (f. 4v).
- Hindu logic
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2143: Pakṣatāgrantha are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.