Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2149 Nyāyagrantha / न्यायग्रन्थ
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2149
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9971315343503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Part of an unidentified treatise on Nyāya (logic), one of the six branches of Hindu philosophy. Deals with inference and often references the concept of kālikasaṃbandha (temporality).
- Title from notes on manuscript wrapping.
- Written in 11-14 lines per leaf.
- 10 leaves foliated 1-10, upper left verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 item (10 leaves) : 11 x 30 cm
- Hindu logic
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2149: Nyāyagrantha are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.