Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2200 Bhagavadgītā / भगवद्गीता
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2200
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9972099583503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Complete version of this Hindu epic, focusing on the relationship and discourse of Kṛṣṇa and Arjuna. Manuscript is small, pocket-sized text meant for personal use, recitation, prayer and meditation.
- Title from incipit (f. 1r).
- Written in 5 lines per leaf.
- 165 leaves foliated 1-165, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated śaka 1727 (1805) (f. 165v).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (165 leaves) : 11 x 16 cm
- Arjuna (Hindu mythology)
- Epic literature, Sanskrit
- Hindu mythology
- Prayers (documents)
- Epic poems
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2200: Bhagavadgītā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.