Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2217 Jñānāmṛtaśrāvaṇīmantra / ज्ञानामृतश्रावणीमन्त्र
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2217
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958213733503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Small manuscript for personal use in recitation. The first part includes mantras for use during the performance of rites dedicated to the Hindu goddess (such as Jagaddhātrī a form of Dūrgā), the knowledge of which is said to remove confusion. Includes the mantras "glāṃ bījaṃ glīṃ śaktiḥ glūṃ kīlakaṃ." The second part of the manuscript includes a set of mantras employed in celebration of the goddess Sārasvatī.
- Title from incipit (f. 1r).
- Written in 1 lines per leaf.
- 1 leaf foliated 1, upper left verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; verses indicated with red daṇḍas.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 11 x 19 cm
ColophonColophon: iti skaṃdapu[rā]ṇoktaprajñāvardhanastotraṃ saṃ (f. 1v).
- Sarasvatī (Hindu deity)
- Durgā (Hindu deity)
- Hindu mantras
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Hindu goddesses
- Recitations--Religious aspects
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2217: Jñānāmṛtaśrāvaṇīmantra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.