Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 583 Item 2263 Vyatīpātavrata / व्यतीपातव्रत
Other related names
- Padmākarabhaṭṭa, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 583 Item 2263
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9957836513503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Observance (vrata) of rites, prayers, and worship (pūjā) celebrating the new moon (vyatīpāta). Presented as a discussion between the legendary king Yudhiṣṭhira and the sage Mārkaṇḍeya.
- Title from colophon (f. 5r); alternate title Vyatīpātavratakathā from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 9-10 lines per leaf.
- 5 leaves foliated 1-5, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated saṃvat 1826 (1769) (f. 5r).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with single red and black lines.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (5 leaves) : 11 x 25 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrībhaviṣyottare yudhiṣṭhiramārkaṃḍeyasa[ṃ]vāde vyatīpātavrataṃ saṃpūrṇaṃ // likhitaṃ bhiṣāridāsakāyestha // cha // saṃvat 1826 śārvarīnāmasaṃvatsare śrāvaṇamāsi likhitaṃ // lallaharibhaṭṭātmajapadmākarabhaṭṭasyeda[ṃ] pustakaṃ // (f. 5r).
- Formerly owned by Padmākarabhaṭṭa, son of Lallaharibhaṭṭa.
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Hindu mantras
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Yudhiṣṭhira (Hindu mythology)
- Mārkaṇḍeya (Hindu mythology)
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 583 Item 2263: Vyatīpātavrata are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.