Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2265 Śuklakṛṣṇaikādaśīvrata / शुक्लकृष्णैकादशीव्रत
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2265
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9972100363503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Collection of short texts derived from different textual sources including some purāṇic and legal materials such as the Bhakticandrodaya, the Viṣṇubhakticanrodaya, and the Bhaviṣyottarapurāṇa. Focuses on fasting during the Ekādaśī, eleventh day of a bimonthly cycle (fortnight), and other related rites and ceremonies performed at that time such as acts of devotion (bhakti).
- Title from colophon (f. 73r).
- Written in 9-11 lines per leaf.
- 73 leaves foliated 1-73, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with triple black line.
Extent1 item (73 leaves) : 12 x 27 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrībhakticaṃdrodaye kārttikakṛṣṇaikādaśīmahimāmāhātmyaṃ (f. 73r).
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2265: Śuklakṛṣṇaikādaśīvrata are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.