Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2287 Śravaṇadvādaśīvrata / श्रवणद्वादशीव्रत
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2287
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9957882343503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Observances (vrata) and worship (pūjā), especially to forms of Viṣṇu, to be performed on special occasions during the month of Bhādrapada (August-September), related to the Śravaṇa star over which Viṣṇu presides. Rites include especially fasting. Presented as a discourse between the Hindu deity Kṛṣṇa and the legendary king Yudhiṣṭhira.
- Title from colophon (f. 7v).
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 7 leaves foliated 1-7, upper left and lower right verso.
- Date of manuscript based on dated manuscripts written by the same scribe (Item 2277 and Item 2292).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins. Written by same scribe as Item 2275, Item 2276, Item 2277, Item 2281, Item 2282, Item 2285, Item 2286, Item 2288, Item 2289, Item 2290, Item 2291, Item 2292, and Item 2293.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (7 leaves) : 13 x 26 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrībhaviṣyottarapurāṇe śravaṇadvādaśībrataṃ saṃpūrṇaṃ // śrīkṛṣṇāya namaḥ // (f. 7v).
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Krishna (Hindu deity)
- Yudhiṣṭhira (Hindu mythology)
- Vishnu (Hindu deity)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2287: Śravaṇadvādaśīvrata are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.