Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2289 Siddhigaṇeśapūjana / सिद्धिगणेशपूजन
Other related names
- Vāvudīkṣita, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2289
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9957943763503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Text to be used in private or public dedicated to the worship of the elephant-headed, Hindu deity Gaṇeśa along with his consort the goddess Siddhi (personification of spiritual power) and Buddhi (personified intelligence). First section of text is for meditating on his various attributes, such as one tusk (ekadanta) and his curved trunk (vakra), followed by a section on worship (pūjā) and praise.
- Title from colophon (f. 5v).
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 5 leaves foliated 1-5, upper left and lower right verso.
- Date of manuscript based on dated manuscripts written by the same scribe (Item 2277 and Item 2292).
- Mistakes blacked out. Written by same scribe as Item 2275, Item 2276, Item 2277, Item 2281, Item 2282, Item 2285, Item 2286, Item 2287, Item 2288, Item 2290, Item 2291, Item 2292, and Item 2293.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (5 leaves) : 13 x 26 cm
ColophonColophon: iti skaṃdoktaśiddhigaṇeśapūjanaṃ samāptaṃ // idaṃ pustakaṃ vāvudIkṣitasya // // śrīgaṇeśāya namaḥ // (f. 5v).
- Formerly owned by Vāvudīkṣita (f. 5v).
- Gaṇeśa (Hindu deity)
- Hindu goddesses
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Hindu mantras
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu mythology
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2289: Siddhigaṇeśapūjana are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.