Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2292 Janmāṣṭamīvratodyāpana / जन्माष्टमीव्रतोद्यापन
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2292
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9957943853503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Series of procedures and rites to celebrate and worship the Hindu deity Kṛṣṇa, which occurs on the 8th day in the dark half (kṛṣṇa) of the month of either Śravaṇa or Bhādra. First part of the text begins with the ritualized worship of Kṛṣṇa; the second part with the rites and vows to be performed and recited; and the third part is the finale and end of the performance of rituals.
- Title from final colophon (f. 18v); title of first part Janmāṣṭamīpūjana from incipit (f. 1v); tile of second part Janmāṣṭamīvratakathā from internal colophon (f. 16v).
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 18 leaves foliated 1-18, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated saṃvat 1817 (1760) (f. 16v).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins. Written by same scribe as Item 2275, Item 2276, Item 2277, Item 2281, Item 2282, Item 2285, Item 2286, Item 2287, Item 2288, Item 2289, Item 2290, Item 2291, and Item 2293.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (18 leaves) : 13 x 27 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrībhaviṣyottarokte janmāṣṭamīvratodyāpanaṃ saṃpūrṇaṃ // (f. 18v).
- Krishna (Hindu deity)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2292: Janmāṣṭamīvratodyāpana are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.