Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 236 Vaiyākaraṇabhūṣaṇasāra / वैयाकरणभूषणसार
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 236
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958855303503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for consultation or study is a grammatical treatise along with a commentary called the Spoṭavāda, which is by Āpadeva, a 17th-century grammarian and author. The commentary focuses on the grammatical theory of sphoṭa, which distinguishes between meaning and sound.
- Title from colophon (f. 88r).
- Written in 7 lines per leaf.
- 88 leaves foliated 1-88, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout. Some folios treated with yellow turmeric powder.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (88 leaves) : 10 x 22 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīmatpadavākyapramāṇapārāvārapārīṇadhurīṇaraṃgojibhaṭṭātmajakau[ṇ]ḍabhaṭṭakṛte vai[y]ākaraṇabhūṣaṇasāre sphoṭavādasamoptograṃthaścāśubhaṃ / (f. 88r).
- Sanskrit language--Grammar
- Sanskrit language--Semantics
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 236: Vaiyākaraṇabhūṣaṇasāra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.