Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 238 Paribhāṣā / परिभाषा
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 238
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958826733503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is employed for private recitation or study and is a gloss or possible grammatical commentary or reading of a selection of hymns from the Ṛgveda.
- Title from colophon (f. 4r).
- Written in 11-12 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line. Metrical accents in red throughout.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (4 leaves) : 11 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon: iti paribhāṣāsamāptaḥ (f. 4r).
- Sanskrit language--Glossaries, vocabularies, etc
- Sanskrit language--Grammar
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 238: Paribhāṣā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.