Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2414 Pañcīkaraṇavārttika / पञ्चीकरणवार्त्तिक
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2414
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9972507473503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a Hindu philosophical treatise written from the perspective of the Advaita Vedānta school of philosophy. The work is a super-commentary (vārttika) on the Pañcīkaraṇa by Śaṅkarācārya. Work describes the stages of cosmic evolution, the role of the mantra Oṃ, as well as the place of the Self and its realization within that process of evolution. Lacks an ending
- Title from abbreviations in upper left margins.
- Written in 11-14 lines per leaf.
- 9 leaves foliated 1-9, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (9 leaves) : 12 x 22 cm
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Hindu mantras
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2414: Pañcīkaraṇavārttika are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.