Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2422 Vedāntaparibhāṣāṭīkā / वेदान्तपरिभाषाटीका
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2422
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9972445293503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation, reference, and study, and is a Hindu philosophical treatise and super-commentary (ṭīkā) on a work called the Tarkacūḍāmaṇi by Dharmarājādhvarīndra, also known as the Vedāntaparibhāṣā, which is a name for a genre of short treatise and commentary. These works typically summarize the characteristics and major philosophical tenets of the Advaita Vedānta school of philosophy. Manuscript in incomplete and lacks an ending.
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 10-12 lines per leaf.
- 45 leaves foliated 1-45, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
Extent1 item (45 leaves) : 13 x 26 cm
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2422: Vedāntaparibhāṣāṭīkā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.