Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2433 Gaṅgāsnānaviddhi / गङ्गास्नानविद्धि
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2433
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9972462453503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Text on bathing at the pilgrimage site of the Gaṅgā (Ganges) river, with mantras dedicated to Viṣṇu, mention of the yugas, and references to the Puruṣasūkta from the Ṛgveda.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 22 lines total.
- 1 leaf written on recto only.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in between lines. Blue ink spilled over part of manuscript.
- Single leaf is folded into four sections.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 16 x 47 cm
- Hindu mantras
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Bathing customs--India
- Pilgrims and pilgrimages--India
- Prayers (documents)
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2433: Gaṅgāsnānaviddhi are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.