Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 246 Aṣṭādhyāyī / अष्टाध्यायी
TitleAṣṭādhyāyī / अष्टाध्यायी
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 246
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958942723503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
The small manuscript for private study and consultation comprises the first three and part of the fourth sections of the first of eight books in Pāṇini's well-known work on Sanskrit grammar. This work is part of the corpus of the Vedāṅga dealing with grammatical interpretations of the Vedas. Lacks an ending.
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 5 lines per leaf.
- 11 leaves foliated 1-11, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (11 leaves) : 11 x 25 cm
- Sanskrit language--Grammar
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 246: Aṣṭādhyāyī are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.