Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2482 Rāmarakṣāstotra / रामरक्षास्तोत्र
TitleRāmarakṣāstotra / रामरक्षास्तोत्र
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2482
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9973865953503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used primarily for private recitation and ritual directed towards the Hindu deity Rāma. Reciting the mantras of the text is meant to produce a barrier that will protect the devotee from harm, thus functioning as a prayer amulet or talisman.
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 8 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins in black and red; verse divisions in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (4 leaves) : 10 x 18 cm
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Hindu mantras
- Amulets (Hinduism)
- Rāma (Hindu deity)
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Hymns (documents)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2482: Rāmarakṣāstotra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.