Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2484 Gaṇapatistotra / गणपतिस्तोत्र
TitleGaṇapatistotra / गणपतिस्तोत्र
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2484
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9973866033503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Proclaims the benefits of reciting this stotra dedicated to the elephant-headed Hindu deity Gaṇeśa and various names associated with him. Merits of worship (pūjā) of Gaṇeśa also discussed. Presented as a dialogue between Nārada and Nandikeśvara.
- Title from colophon (f. 1v).
- Written in 7-8 lines per leaf.
- 1 leaf
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 10 x 18 cm
ColophonColophon: iti nāradanaṃdikeśvarasaṃvāde gaṇapatistotraṃ saṃpūrṇaṃ (f. 1v).
- Gaṇeśa (Hindu deity)
- Nārada (Hindu mythology)
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Hymns (documents)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2484: Gaṇapatistotra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.