Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2493 Gaṇapatistotra / गणपतिस्तोत्र
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2493
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9973903283503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Proclaims the benefits of reciting this stotra dedicated to the elephant-headed Hindu deity Gaṇeśa and various names associated with him, praising his ability to destroy obstacles, such as Vighnahara.
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 3 leaves foliated 1-3, lower right verso
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
Extent1 item (3 leaves) : 10 x 18 cm
- Gaṇeśa (Hindu deity)
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Hymns (documents)
- Prayers (documents)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2493: Gaṇapatistotra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.