Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2512 Gaṇeśāparādhasundarastotra / गणेशापराधसुन्दरस्तोत्र
TitleGaṇeśāparādhasundarastotra / गणेशापराधसुन्दरस्तोत्र
Other related names
- Bhāṭṭa, Viśvanātha, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2512
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9973916453503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Small manuscript for private or public use, recitation, and prayer in honor of the elephant-headed Hindu deity Gaṇeśa. Text employed to ask forgiveness for sins and transgressions (aparādha).
- Title from colophon including the marginal addition of gaṇeśā (f. 3r); alternate title Gaṇapati aprādhasundarastotra from title page (f. 1r).
- Scribe is Viśvanātha Bhāṭṭa of the village of Tāra (f. 3r), near Mumbai, in the state of Maharashtra.
- Dated śaka 1683 (1761) (f. 3r); however, only folio 1 appears to be from that date, folios 2 and 3 appear to be from the mid- or late 19th century, based on the watermark and other signs typical of a manuscript from this period.
- Written in 3 lines per leaf.
- 3 leaves foliated 1-3, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant numbers and phrases highlighted in red; vertical margins marked by triple black line.
- Watermark of part of a coat of arms and the initial M.
Extent1 item (3 leaves) : 10 x 16 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīśaṃkarācāryaviracitaṃ gaṇeś[ā]parādhasuṃdarastotraṃ saṃpūrṇam // śrīgajānanārpaṇam astu // (f. 3r).
- Gaṇeśa (Hindu deity)--Early works to 1800
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit--Early works to 1800
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit--Early works to 1800
- Puja (Hinduism)--Early works to 1800
- Forgiveness of sin--Hinduism--Early works to 1800
- Hymns (documents)
- Prayers (documents)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2512: Gaṇeśāparādhasundarastotra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.