Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2531 Śivatāṇḍava / शिवताण्डव
TitleŚivatāṇḍava / शिवताण्डव
Other related names
- Sahasrabudhi, Sadāśiva, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2531
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9973916603503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript employed in private or public recitation and prayer dedicated to the praise of the Hindu deity Śiva, especially in his dancing aspect.
- Title from marginal abbreviations; alternate title Śivatāṇḍavastotra supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 6-9 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with quadruple red line.
- Dated śaka 174 (1818) (f. 4r), written in second scribal hand.
- Scribe is Sadāśiva Sahasrabudhi, son of Vināyaka (f. 4r).
Extent1 item (4 leaves) : 11 x 21 cm
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Dance--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Hymns (documents)
- Prayers (documents)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2531: Śivatāṇḍava are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.