Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2533 Kathitaṃ tava gāṅgeyaḥ / कथितं तव गाङ्गेयः
TitleKathitaṃ tava gāṅgeyaḥ
कथितं तव गाङ्गेयः
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2533
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9957581593503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Opening of text appears to be introducing themes related to the legendary king and Hindu deity Rāma, especially the pronouncement of names of Rāma (rāmanāmamantra); from a section of the Padmapurāṇa called the Nāradabhīṣmasaṃvāda. Most of the manuscript consists of three to four rows of mantras and all appear to be addressed primarily to Rāma such as the first one: om̐ śrīrāmāya namaḥ. Text is presented as a conversation between the legendary sage Nārada and the legendary king Bhīṣma.
- Title from incipit (f. 1r).
- Written in 9-14 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 11 x 22 cm
- Rāma (Hindu deity)
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Hindu mantras
- Bhīṣma (Hindu mythology)
- Nārada (Hindu mythology)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2533: Kathitaṃ tava gāṅgeyaḥ are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.