Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2581 Laghukaumudī / लघुकौमुदी
- Varadarāja, active 17th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2581
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9974008163503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is for consultation and study, especially for students learning Sanskrit grammar. Text is a rearrangement and abridgment of Pāṇini's grammar as interpreted by Bhaṭṭojī Dīkṣita in his Siddhāntakaumudī. Manuscript comprises a sub-section of the larger work; lacks end.
- Title from incipit (f. 1v).
- Written in 12-13 lines per leaf.
- Watermark of the date 1869, part of a coat of arms, and an illegible name.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Dated after 1869 based on watermark.
Extent1 item (4 leaves) : 15 x 28 cm
- Sanskrit language--Grammar
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2581: Laghukaumudī are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.